• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Unwarranted bad review on google

robertsturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
Last year a lot of us on LS were asked to provide bids for terminals around the country. Yes they were trashy and just needed to be mowed as needed. So some of us did the quotes and then nothing happened with them. Some of us called BS to an obvious waste of time for us. Found out later they were already under contract for 2 more years through a large corp. That is ok, I realize that people price shop and really don't have a problem with that part of the story. Today I get a call from a LS former member that tells me that the person that asked us to get quotes for posted negative comments on google maps for all the world to see. Called us scammers, we were hired and never showed up to do the work. I have contacted google to protest the post but am not sure what else to do. What would you do in my shoes? Leave it at that, or more? I am not looking to sue the guy for liable or anything like that, I just want the negative post removed from google that is totally a fabrication of some teen-ager living in a shack in Michigan. BTW I have seen where he lives!!

sehitchman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Is this what you are talking about? I googled your company and found a bad review calling you a scammer. I was going to post the link, but thought better of it. Perhaps if I found it you would put it up for us to comment.

If you never received a contract or money to do work for this guy. Perhaps all of us can flag the google post for you. There are lawyers who specialize in internet slander. I think if you have the contact info on this person, I would get a letter to them asap.

Was it the post that was put up last April?

Last edited:

brucec32

LawnSite Platinum Member
It's internet libel, not slander or liable. You will probably get taken more seriously if you phrase it that way.

OP
robertsturf

robertsturf

LawnSite Bronze Member

sehitchman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Yes, that is what I found. If that happened to me, I'd be pissed off enough to litigate or hire a friend from the bronx. The judgment stuff is public record, so proof of your innocence should be easy to produce. I'd not rest until he posted a satisfactory retraction or had it removed.

fiveoboy01

LawnSite Silver Member
This happened to myself as well. There are several coincidences that point to a member here on Lawnsite(he is on Plowsite as well).

At the moment I have a TON of information. For now, I will post one link to the 4 companies. I am the one on the bottom. Needless to say I am not amused by this at all, I know Roberts Turf & Landscape and Paul's Lawn Maintenance are also angry. We are trying to make contact with Baystate Lawn and Landscape. I have flagged it, but I am not sure if Google will do anything.

http://maps.google.com/maps/user?uid=104843951289765403110&hl=en&gl=US

JohnnyRocker

LawnSite Senior Member
I just reported all of the posts from the link and explained that this kid is trashing several companies across the country, and I noted how they all happened within 10 minutes. Hope this helps. Everyone should do the same.

fiveoboy01

LawnSite Silver Member
To the person who has done this... I suggest you publicly apologize, then contact Google and ask them to remove your remarks. If you don't feel like doing so, I can post lots of info. It's up to you. None of these companies deserved for you to do this, and it was simply a retaliation move on your part because you didn't like what we had to say in your thread.