Update your google listing phone calls

jonthepain

LawnSite Bronze Member
I changed my phone number when solicitations got to 100 a day, half of which were google listing calls.

I got a free Google phone number for the business, that is on the website, so all unsolicited calls go to that line. Sometimes our customer service gal answers it, but usually it rolls to voice mail.

Unfortunately the old office number still exists on 100 or so website directory sites. The guy that got our old number got so pissed from the constant solicitations that he started threatening our company and employees, myself personally, and my family. He stated (in text and email) that he knows people "that can take care of me." Obviously there's nothing i can do about the calls he's getting.

I got the Sheriff involved, and have not heard from him in a year or so.

I feel bad cuz i know how frustrating it is. You can't run a business when the calls come in every few minutes, and they are all scams. (This guy runs some kind of carpentry service.) I tried to delete or change as many of the directory listings as i could, but it's almost impossible to do, as most of them are no longer monitored.

But the old number has not been on our official website in years, and besides, nothing really rises to the level of threatening someone's family.

Yet another reason to CC.

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
yeah i get them from time to time. i get at least 5 telemarketer calls a day. google seems to go in spurts. they will call every day for a month or so and then they stop and then they will start up again at some point. it's really weird. i usually just hang up on them but i talked to them once and they said everything was good and then the next day another google call came in anyways. it's just a waste of time. just hang up on them or mess around with them for fun.

lots of times i'll get one of these calls i'll just put the phone on speaker and sit it on top of the speaker in my truck and turn the music up.

Andrew H

LawnSite Gold Member
Are those calls actually from google? I’m afraid to find out what happens if I actually respond to one of those calls.
Nope, they’re not from Google, they’re a third party that charges like $399.00
I used to get the phone calls, then one day I played along and got the company name, and their website.
Found out who owned the company, called his personal cell phone number, and told him to take my company off their list

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
Are those calls actually from google? I’m afraid to find out what happens if I actually respond to one of those calls.
some of them but not all of them. a few times i've had calls from russia or france or something. i never answered those because i was afraid i might get charged for the call or something. :laugh:

i get a lot of computer calls. it's annoying as heck. telemarketing should be against the law in my opinion.

OP
JFGLN

JFGLN

LawnSite Fanatic
some of them but not all of them. a few times i've had calls from russia or france or something. i never answered those because i was afraid i might get charged for the call or something. :laugh:

i get a lot of computer calls. it's annoying as heck. telemarketing should be against the law in my opinion.
I thought it is if your on the list.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
Scam....Google never calls to solicit.

Also what they're offering for $300+ Google will do for free. Google even warns about these people on one of their forums.

Just hang up when you hear the recording...pressing a number does nothing to unsubscribe....getting someone on the line doesn't either. THey actually call more if you do anything but hang up.