1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Updated pics of overdig job

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mbella, Aug 12, 2005.

1. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some updated pics of the overdig job I posted a couple of weeks ago. Somebody asked what we were building. These pics should give a good picture.

2. mbella

For those that didn't see the earlier pics, here are a few.

3. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice job,

I like the courtyard effect.....you could have put a pool in the overdig area.
    O/T I finished a patio job today and the guy gave me a $250 TIP. :)

I was over your way in Lancaster and Strasburg a few weeks ago. Could easily live there....close to everything. Strasburg has awesome steam trains.

4. mbella

I've never received a tip. Maybe you're leaving too much money on the table :)

I guess, relatively speaking, Lancaster is our way. We are over an hour east of there.

I just looked back at the one pic (the one with the farm in the background) and you would think I was in Lancaster by that pic. This area is even better. Nothing but big houses going up everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. I love it.

5. kootoomootoo

"I've never received a tip. Maybe you're leaving too much money on the table"

Always mr. negative. Amazing what a few smiles will do.
    Actually the job before last I got a $100 tip for a $13,000 install.

**I might send a crew out to Gilbertsville, Reading and Lancaster next summer.

6. mbella

I smile all the way to the bank. No tip needed :D . Seriously, if you're getting tips on a $13,000.00 job, you're not charging enough. I'm kidding again, relax Mr. Positive. FYI, I'm so positive that one day it almost got me into a fight. I was at Wawa, meeting a friend, and I got out of my truck smiling, as usual. Another contractor was struggling with something in the back of his truck and we made eye contact. I was smiling, he wasn't. He thought I was laughing at him and got pissed. He said,"something funny." I said,"yeah, you."

If you send a crew to the Reading area, you'll have to deal with Chris from C&G, not me. We don't go there.

I missed the Gilbertsville part. Actually, we don't do much work there either. Maybe I'll have you install a walkway at my house. I'm not paying for a custom trip step though. I had to bust you're nuts on that one.

7. kootoomootoo

8. kootoomootoo

9. mbella

I think the consumers here are a little more educated. They might have questioned that :D . Who knows. You'll find out when your moblie crew starts paving here.

10. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Why again Mbella did you have to dig all that up for a patio for those who don't know ?