1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Upgrade to larger mower

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Gjohnson, May 18, 2008.

1. Gjohnson

Gjohnson LawnSite Member
    from La.

I have a 19HP Kaw, 42" cut Mini-Z. My yard is about 1.5 acres of pretty much open cutting, not many trees to cut between. I would like to get a larger mower to get it cut quicker. I am considering the 25HP kaw 54" Super Duty or maybe the 19HP Kaw 52" Mini-Z. I like the idea of the 4 year warranty of the SD. I also like, of all things, the rubber discharge shute.
    Any advantage to one over the other?
    I have been quoted a price of $6,100 for the 25HP Kaw/54" Super Duty. I see the Mini-Z promo at $6,500
    What would be a fair asking price for my used 42" Mini-Z? It has 40 hours on it, has been garage kept and very well maintained.
    As a side note, my wife thinks I am crazy!!!
    Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If the 19/42 has been working good for you the 25/54 SD will be fine, of course for the price difference you are getting a better mower in the 19/52, pumps and wheel motors, larger tires, of course it only comes with the 2 year warranty, tough choice.
    As far as selling price of your 19/42, you can buy them (actually a Super Duty) new for $5,300.00, not knowing how old yours is or knowing exactly what you paid for your mower, I would say 3500 to 4000.

Pj

3. Gjohnson

Gjohnson LawnSite Member
    from La.

I sold my Mini-Z 19/42 for 3800 and came home with a new 60" Fastrack SD. I mowed with it as soon as I got home. I was so used to seeing that "narrow" strip I was cutting with my 42 incher, I was totally amazed at the "swath" I was cutting, "60 BIG ONES". More time on the back porch sipping on a cool one!! I paid $6400, which I thought was a good deal.
    Later,
    G

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Very nice !!!
    Congrats !!
    :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup: