It is VERY dusty where I live. We've had about one inch of rain since August. I've been wanting to upgrade the air filter on my 2000 Scag Tiger Cub since I bought it last fall. I was lucky enough to find the filter unit on Ebay for a reasonable price, but I learned that the carburetor air horn is quite different on the old engines vs the new ones. There is no adaptor for the old ones, so I made my own. I'm not a machinist, so I used what was available: a 3" x 3" x 7" block of aluminum billet, a drill press, a compound vise, and a couple of end mills. After I got the basic shape down, I was concerned about the weight. I didn't want a 5 pound weight hanging off of the carburetor. I finally whittled it down to about 1/2 pound. Since I always use a grass catcher, I made a bracket for the filter unit and mounted it securely there. I used a 2" radiator hose to connect the adaptor to the filter. I added a filter minder, too. Photos are attached. I still need to get some larger hose clamps, but these work fine.