Lawn Care Forum banner

urgent.....how long to wait

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Precision 
#1 ·
how long should you wait after spraying a yard with round before planting the grass.

#4 ·
If your question is referring to the Round-Up reacting with the soil or seed, I'd wait about two hours. Glyphosphate kills grass and weeds through the blades and then throughout the plant. It really does nothing to the soil. Once it's dry, it won't affect seeds.

Now whether you want to wait 'til the grass and weeds die; then yes, wait about a week.:)

#5 ·
lawnspecalties is correct.

roundup has NO soil activity....

it does need 24 hrs however to translocate into the root system, so wait at least 24 hrs before you do anything to the material you sprayed (ie, tilling, etc.)

#6 ·
YardPro said:
lawnspecalties is correct.

roundup has NO soil activity....

it does need 24 hrs however to translocate into the root system, so wait at least 24 hrs before you do anything to the material you sprayed (ie, tilling, etc.)
true. if you want the stuff there to die you need to wait at least 24 hours. Translocation takes atleast that long depending on temperature and some other factors.

I always wait about a week. That way the grass/weeds are showing signs of being dead and I can hit any areas that I missed. Then wait another day or two then rototill and sod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.