Urgent Threads

Michael J. Donovan

Head Moderator, Online Communities
Staff member
we can check into it and I'll let you know if we will add something like that...however, some may think their topic is urgent while others don't and/or I could see a problem with too many marking their thread as "urgent" which, in turn, would render the feature useless...

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
Good idea, but I don't think it'd work.

Urgent is perspective.

As an example and I don't mean anything rude with this...your urgent thread isn't all that urgent...you knew it was going to happen...you're not too pressed to get it repaired so you have other options...

Plus urgent doesn't mean it's going to get the responses. People that know an issue with an urgent thread may not be around for a couple hours...or days....

OP
Carolina Cuttin' Company

Carolina Cuttin' Company

LawnSite Bronze Member
we can check into it and I'll let you know if we will add something like that...however, some may think their topic is urgent while others don't and/or I could see a problem with too many marking their thread as "urgent" which, in turn, would render the feature useless...
Good point. Thanks!

OP
Carolina Cuttin' Company

Carolina Cuttin' Company

LawnSite Bronze Member
Good idea, but I don't think it'd work.

Urgent is perspective.

As an example and I don't mean anything rude with this...your urgent thread isn't all that urgent...you knew it was going to happen...you're not too pressed to get it repaired so you have other options...

Plus urgent doesn't mean it's going to get the responses. People that know an issue with an urgent thread may not be around for a couple hours...or days....
Not that it invallidates your point, but I don't think you got what I was saying in the other thread. I need a new edger ASAP. I was saying that I don't have time to repair the Troy-Bilt, so that's why I'm buying something new instead of repairing the Troy-Bilt even though I wasn't planning on getting a new edger yet. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning.

Either way, I understand your point.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
Not that it invallidates your point, but I don't think you got what I was saying in the other thread. I need a new edger ASAP. I was saying that I don't have time to repair the Troy-Bilt, so that's why I'm buying something new instead of repairing the Troy-Bilt even though I wasn't planning on getting a new edger yet. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow morning.

Either way, I understand your point.
Gotcha. No problemo