1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Use dump trailer for mowing equipment ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fastlane, May 11, 2002.

1. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

today I spent 10 hrs triming overgrown hedges 3hrs to load and 2 1/2hrs to unload trailer.102x18' Thinking of getting 102x14' dual gate dumptrailer. I mow 3days a week use other 2 days for cleanups small landscape jobs. Are there problems loading equipment? Mower decks bottoming out, ramps to steep etc.? I have buyer for landscape trailer now,but would use dumptrailer till Aug. then lawn equipment goes in enclosed trailer. (ordered today).

2. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

diamond c or fleet neck located in Mt Pleasant but seel nationwide. they make a 14' gooseneck or bumper pull landscape dump. it is a heck of a trailer. has a doudle action rear gate solid steel floor and side gate. i know the gooseneck has a rugby hydrailic system. and a huge tool box up front. here is a picture of both

http://www.diamondctrailers.com/trailers/new/index.htm

the 45ls and the 45lsgn. nice trailers but cost around 5 to 6 thousand for the gooseneck. don't know how much if they have to ship.

3. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Most dump trailers i have seen have a floor that is at least 36" off the ground. To me you would need one heck of a ramp that would be real long, ie at least 6 feet or longer, to get a mower up on it without bottoming it out bad.

It sounds like you need a dump bad, but I don't know if i would use one to haul my equipment in. think about a dump bed insert for your truck. Should be cheaper than a trailer, unless you need to buy a bigger truck to hold the weight of the bed and load in it.

Scot

4. BO-TY

BO-TY LawnSite Member

I have the same problem a lot of time & hard work getting the stuff off. I need 18' of floor space to haul two hoppers with catchers on & have not seen any dump trailers that long. an lco i know of in a nearby town uses a billygoat tailgate loader on the back of a small dump trk. dumps the stuff on the ground out of hi s hoppers them sucks it up in the trk. more inv. but less shovel work. I am still not sure what way to go.

5. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, I want one of those Diamond C trailers. That looks like excatly what I need for my service . I wish someone around my area makes something like that .

6. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

Does anyone know what one of those diamond c trailers sells for?

7. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

i helped build one in an ag mechanics class with diamond c's help. i think the trailer sold around 2 to three thousand my earlier estimate was wrong. they are definatly show stoppers took first in its division at houston livestock show. the purple gooseneck one is the one i helped build. i will check to see for sure on the price i drive by their plant everyday.