• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

use spell check

Soupy

LawnSite Gold Member
Try this, it will put a button on your Explorer tool bar, and you can check spelling anytime. Works nice if you are at a site that don't have a spell checker built in. Plus it works just like the spell checker in Outlook. CLICK HERE

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
I think that its just the fact that a lot of us want to get our opinion across quick and fast, we don't mind the common error now and then. I know that I do it a lot of times just because I am so excited to answer a question or post a statement.

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
I agree and to show how it works I have run this page thru a spelling conversion program to show you how it should be in REDNECK.

Now dats da way I like it uh huh uh huh!

specialtylc
Noo Member

Locashun: spokane wa.
use spell check
ah's noo t'this site, but it seems t'me thet we'd all look a li'l mo'e professhunal an' mebbe mo'e ejoocayted eff'n ev'ryone'd use th' spell checker .

Repo't this hyar post t'a moderato' | IP: Logged

02-20-2004 07:33 AM

Soupy
Senio' Member

Locashun: St Louis Metro (IL side)
Try this, it will put a button on yer Splorer tool bar, an' yo' kin check spellin' ennytime. Wawks nice eff'n yer at a site thet doesn't haf a spell checker built in, as enny fool kin plainly see. Plus it wawks jest like th' spell checker in Outlook. Shet mah mouth! CLICK HERE

ah use Gopher Billy Joein' & Schedulin' Sof'ware
Download yer FREE fully funckshunal 30-day
trial hyar.

02-20-2004 08:21 AM

tiedeman
*Millennium Member*

Locashun: Michigan
ah reckon thet its jest th' fack thet a lot of us be hankerin' t'git our opinion acrost quick an' fast, we doesn't mind th' common erro' now an' then, as enny fool kin plainly see. ah knows thet ah do it a lot of times jest on account o' ah's so excited t'answer a quesshun o' post a statement.

crawdad

LawnSite Bronze Member
A spell checker doesn't work if you use the wrong word, spelled correctly. This happens a lot here.
Crawdad

GreenMonster

LawnSite Silver Member
Originally posted by tiedeman
I think that its just the fact that a lot of us want to get our opinion across quick and fast, we don't mind the common error now and then. I know that I do it a lot of times just because I am so excited to answer a question or post a statement.
Yeh. I temd to agere with waht tideman sed. for the purpuse of thsi forrum, is splel cjech raelly htat impotent?

stslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
who cares, i spend an hour to two hours a day in english class making sure my spelling is correct, last thing i want to do is come home to my computer and have to do it more on the darn internet. my customersdo not see this stuff so im not worried about my image. everyone knows who i am, how i work etc etc etc so whats the big deal. instead of worrying abuot how we spell lets worry about a business plan, equip pre maintenance etc etc etc

metro-hp_48

LawnSite Senior Member
I had a small fortune spent on my education (from 1st grade on) and was always good at spelling, but last night I was using the word "read", and it made me wonder. For example;
"I will READ the classified ads to find a Yugo to pull my 5X12 trailer" is it spelled the same as in the past tence?
"I have READ that they are very dependable"
I have alot of friends that can't read at all (all good people) I just tell them English is one of the hardest to learn. (with all the diff. spellings for the words) like rain/reign, dough/doe dear/deer
rough/ruff, bear/bare..... too (two/to) many to list here.

Got to get back to the sale paper and try to find that Yugo!