1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Used Exmark Value

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MJM landscaping, Feb 6, 2006.

1. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

I have a 2004 Lazer HP 48" with the 20 hp kolher I believe. It has 385 hours on it. I am the only operator. Couple scrapes on deck stored indoors.

Ball park value??

2. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a guy on here you says take $5 times the hours and take that from the price you paid for it new. It really is a great way to at least find the ballpark. So, 5 x 385 = 1925, take that minus $6,300 ( guessing price new ) that would give you $4,375. It could be a little more or a little less depending on how good of shape it is in.

3. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

That doesn't work!!

I have an 04 Exmark, 52", 23hpKaw, 235hrs, Double bag collection system.
    I've been asking $7000 for it and have been getting offers of $5500.

$5 x 235= 1175 less what I paid for it new $9000 (approx)

Like I said it doesn't work

4. MJM landscaping

Plus I bought the ultravac for it. That was almost $1400 itself if I remember right.

5. Scag413

That was just to give him a ballpark price. I guess I shouldn't have given any advice considering I don't have a clue what I am talking about then. I apologize for my stupid advice. I will try not give any from now on.

6. MJM landscaping

hey any hepl will work, i really dont know what its worth so any advice is better than none.

7. Scag413

I was refering to Cut Approved not you MJM Landscaping. I just felt like he thought I didnt know what I was talking about. I just hope I have given you a price range.

8. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Scag413, didn't mean to affend! And I certainly don't think I know all either,
    your price range was OK, but like I trying to point out is this.

You pay nearly $8000 for a machine then about $1500 for the collection system. You offer a nearly brand new machine with only 200 or 300 hrs on it.
    Guys are low balling you offering $4500 or $5500,, think about it!!!!
    You pay someone like me CASH for a barely used machine,, no tax and get a nice machine for about $6000 - $7000 with all the above that if you about new would cost you $9000++++ Right??
    Can't see why guys would offer $5000 I hope I'm making sense..

Sorry SCAG413 like I said I didn't mean to knock you down......

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I would say about $5,000 or so depending on condition. JMO I don't focus all that much on exmark so I could be wrong.......

10. MJM landscaping

Just to follow up, I just sold it for $5300 with a jrco rake. Not bad, just bought the new triton 60" with the 30 hp kolher.