1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Used Hustler Raptor SD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Recoveryman, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Recoveryman

Recoveryman LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a 2015 54" Raptor SD with a 23 HP Kawasaki motor. It's got 161 hrs on it and the guy says i't in excellent condition and that it has just been serviced. He wants $2800.00 for it. I'm a pretty good haggler for thing I know about but I really don't know what I'm haggling for when it comes to mowers like this. I've read good things about the mower here so I guess it's a good machine. This is what it looks like...
    What are your thoughts? THANKS!!!!

Hustler.jpg

2. Recoveryman

Recoveryman LawnSite Member

I should have mentioned it's for my property and since we live in an area that has vacation property I could be mowing 1 or 2 of my neighbors lawns from time to time.

3. craigdt

craigdt LawnSite Member

I mean, that seems like a decent deal. It's not a commercial machine by most of our standards, but it will serve you well. The paint seems a little rough for 160 hours... But it's fine I'm sure.

4. Jmcculler

Jmcculler LawnSite Member

I have a 60" raptor sd with the 26hp kohler we bought from lowe's back in April of 2017. 3 year extended warranty and a bagger. . Mower has 82 hours on it right now. 2 months later I decided to start my lawn business and bought a commercial mower. Have used it on 2 of my small properties to bag over this season. All of the hours are from those 2 and my personal property. Would take $3500 for the mower and bagger. The warranty alone was an extra $300 I think. Was going to wait till spring and sell it.