Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a used exmark w/b with a 48" cut and its hydro the guy wants $950 for it. My questions is what do i have to look for to make sure this thing isnt a POS. Like tranny,hydro's,and the deck?
Thanks,
~Jeff

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Ditto that....if a engine goes...thats around $750...hyro pump 300 bucks...hydro wheel motor $450... either which way add one of those up and the price of a mower and like LGF says your still ahead of what it should be sold for.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So your telling me that $950 is a good price for this hydro? This is going to be my first commercial mower so i want to make it a good purchase.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
How old is the mower ? how many hours are on it ? what type of motor is on it ? is it a fixed deck or floating ? give us a bit more info or a pic. sounds to me like you should just buy it :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The mower cant be more then 3 years old. It didnt have a hour meter on it, but the guy at the place told me it was use every other weekend for a corner lot for the last 2 years. I think it was called a viking.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So is there anything I should look for to see if the pumps are going or the tranny?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this w/b sounds great except for the muffler but their going to replace that

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I'm going today to look at the hydro w/b and I think I'm going to buy it. I'm going to demo it one last time and make my decision. thanks for all the input guys I'll keep you guys update on how it went.
thanks again,
~Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.