1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

used john deere 737

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by xhoosier, Apr 27, 2004.

1. xhoosier

xhoosier LawnSite Member

I have been looking at getting a ZTR. The local JD dealer has a 737 with a 54'' deck for 7000. It has 180 hours on it. No warranty. Is this a good deal. Some of the prices I see people quoting on JD models in this forum make we wonder.

thanks,

2. lawnyogi

lawnyogi LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I think that might be a little high. At least in this area (Indiana). There are plenty of deals out there right now on JD stuff. I just got a brand new JD 737 54" for less that $6700 with a two year warranty.

Good Luck

3. jrwinter74

jrwinter74 LawnSite Member

I bought a new 737 54" last year for $7750. I too think that's a little much. Also, next time I'll probably try an Exmark. I have had great service from the JD but the freakin' trash causes my mule belt to stay off ALOT!!!!! JW

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

You can get a new one for less than 10% more with full warranty.

5. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, seems a bit steep to me too. I could buy a brand new one for a little less than that.

I've been pleased with my 757/60"

jrwinter-if i'm not mistaken, I think the exmarks use mule belts also:) By trash do you mean actual trash gets lodged in there? Shouldn't you be picking the trash up anyways?:)

6. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Hello, this is much to high. I looked at a 737 yesterday with a 60 deck, brand new and it was 6700. a new 757 was 7200 and a 727 (which I liked) was 5875.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Toooooo MUCH!
    757 + 60" = $7,100