1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Used Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawrence stone, Jun 18, 2000.

1. A guess the drought is wiping out some FLA<br>contractors. At traderonline.com the following Toro WB's are for sale in FLA.<p>18 hp hydro w/ 36&quot; deck $1250<p>14 hp belt kohler 32&quot; deck $350<p>12 hp belt briggs 32&quot; deck $300<p>If it was winter time I would point the truck and trailer south and buy them myself.

2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Those 32&quot; decks sound real appealing!<p>Homer

3. jcjrfl

jcjrfl LawnSite Member
    from florida

mr stone how did you find these mowers on tradreonline i am interrested in buying one of them but can't find the listings at $350 it beats getting a regular mower

4. Starling Lawn

Starling Lawn LawnSite Member

thanks for the tip on traderonline lawrence.<br>dave

5. Homer- Those 32&quot; machines are needed in the<br>Northeast metro markets. It is very profitable in the Northeast mowing 40 x 75 <br>homesites. A 32 is needed to get thru the<br>gates. <p>In my area you could easily get 100 of those<br>small accounts the first year. A pair of 32&quot; and 21&quot; are all the machines needed for a<br>two man crew.<p>jcj- do a search using the words toro under the bargan trader and heavy equipment areas.<p>I really could use that hydro. I would hook it to my 62&quot; deck and sell off the 36&quot; deck<br>with an old belt drive traction unit.

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with Mr Stone, if I had the will or ambition I could easily double my business by sending out a one-man crew with an s-10 trimmer and 32-inch mower to do the small gated city lots I pass up so often (and so do the big operations). Thing is, right now theres more than enough gravy jobs to go around.<p>Bill

7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what I did 2 years ago.<p>Started a 1 man crew doing small lawns, out-of-way lawns for great $ and fenced in back yard lawns.<p>He grosses over $40/hr. with minimal equipment.