• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Used PG

Scott's Lawn Maintenance

LawnSite Senior Member
I have been considering looking at some used perma greens . I have never owned or operated one . What would be some of the things to be aware of and go over when I'am looking at them . Your help is greatly appreciated, Thanks Scott .

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Rust, hours on motor, impeller assembly.......

rcreech

Sponsor
How many hours would you consider to be to many on these machines ?
To me hours are a good indicator but I pay more attention to the overall look of the machine.

You can tell if they kept it clean and took good care of it!

I would rather buy a HIGH houred machine that is in great shape...then to buy a LOW houred machine that has been abused!

americanlawn

LawnSite Fanatic
It sure looks like you take great care of your equipment. Several friends here still run Centri's cuz they like them. I also agree with rcreech. I'd take a well maintained Centri over a neglected Magnum. My 2 cents

Here's a link to mine...http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=303545

The only thing is I don't know the hours. Used '01-'04. I started and have used the Magnum since '05. MAX hours are 1000, but the guy before me was probably working 20hr weeks. I've only put 30 hours on it in the 5 years I've been here.