• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Used the Perfaerator this week!

timsjeep

LawnSite Member
Well, I finally got to use my new Walker Perfaerator this week. All I can say is WOW. This thing is a great time saver. I used two Blue Birds from the rental shop last year on one of my properties and it took 4.5 hours with both machines going. This year I used one Blue bird and the perf. and it only took 1 hour. It is a PITA to load on/off the trailer, but get it to grass and it is sweet. Its very maneuverable and does a very nice job of plugging. I am never going through an aeration season with out it. Just thought I would post a review for all who think it looks good but had heard negative feedback. I can see that if someone did not know how to use it correctly, they would not like it. It can be very destructive, however, used properly it is a very nice machine. Tim

p1010086.jpg

hoagie

LawnSite Member
I have a millcreek front mount aerator for the walker and I think it is the worst thing I've ever purchased.

Very hard to manuver and dosen't seem to get decent size plugs pulled...

Looks cool as hell though... I'll get a pic posted in a few....

Would love to try a perferator...

OP
T

timsjeep

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by LB Landscaping
Have you gotten to use the walkbehind yet???
I have. Very impressive. I really like it. I will know more after I have used it more. I only have about an hour on it. It sure is smooth. Tim

MacLawnCo

LawnSite Bronze Member
Tim, can the perfaerator be mounted to the wb?

OP
T

timsjeep

LawnSite Member
Originally posted by MacLawnCo
Tim, can the perfaerator be mounted to the wb?
I am not sure the 15 hp Kawi would have enough balls to work the perfaerator. It would mount up though. I think it really needs to be with at least a 20 hp motor. That sure would be cool though. tim

LB Landscaping - Did you try one out? If so, what did you think. tim

LB Landscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hey Tim, I did. Tried it out this afternoon, I loved the way it handles, really smooth, sulky works great too. I just don't like the idea of not being able to bag or mulch. dealer said it will mulch but won't leave a great cut. Grass gets pretty thick up here so I need something that can handle it, especially when it's wet out.