1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

used turf tracer 60"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve225, Jun 18, 2005.

1. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

How much is a used 60" tracer with brand new 23 HP. Kohler on it worth? the deck and pumps have 1800 hr. on them everything works .. He wants 1800.00 for it . Motor has 0 hrs. on it Is 1800.00 a good price?

2. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i'de say go for it... heck the motor itself cost pretty much around that price.... just check it over if u don't feel comfortable looking at it don't be afraid to tell the guy u wanna bring it into a dealer or have a certified mechanic look at it... there could be more troubles with the mower than what he says.... like hydraulic pumps goin bad

3. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

I bought a mower from him last wk. The engine was 1400.00 shipped to me and he sold me the mower for 300.00. I have 1700.00 in it . I put new engine on today and runs good. He wants to sell me the other one for 1800.00. I thought for that much it would be a good back up . Besides I could sell it for 1600.00 a couple yrs. down the road. Anyone else comment on the price?
    Steve