1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Used Walker Price ??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfer, May 9, 2000.

1. Turfer

Turfer LawnSite Member

1991 Walker 16hp GHS. 2500 hours. Just received new short block, 0 hours. 42&quot; deck.<br>$2800. Is this a good price ? Have not seen the unit. Don't know if hydros are original. Being sold by commercial operator.<p>Also found a 99, 16hp, 42&quot; ghs with 130 hours. Part time commercial user getting out of the business. Any idea what a good price is for this one ?<p><br>&lt;font size=&quot;1&quot;&gt;Edited by: turfer<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: turfer

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Turfer what part of NC are you in? The 91 model seems like an ok deal. But I hate guessing a price for a 1 or 2 year old model. There are so many variables. If they didn't grease the 60 some grease points on the Walker it isn't worth 5 grand. If it is in perfect condition then it is worth over 7 grand. Use your best judgement.

3. Metroman

Metroman LawnSite Member
    from Va.

I asked this question a month ago! I just got a 96 Walker 48&quot; deck with an 42&quot;side with a little over 1300hrs for $3200.00 Runs great (Knock on wood)<p>A 91? How much does the short block cost new? Then check out the mower itself to see what you think its worth.<p>If your in N.C. check out the trader mags. thats where I found my last Walker. A friend just told me that there was a 98 Walker for $6000.00 in one the other day!

4. Turfer

Turfer LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. Metroman, what trader magazine are you talking about ? I'm in the Raleigh N.C. area. I'm having a tough time locating a used Walker. Any help would be appreciated.<br>