• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

using ztm on small yards

vt properties

LawnSite Member
I am purchasing a gravely pro turn 252 to add to my gear. My question is do you think it is to big to pull out for smaller yards, I mean like the $35 dollar cut and go type. I am using this equitment for my larger commercial accounts. I personally don t think its a prob, I would love any input.

MikeKle

LawnSite Platinum Member
Some people with smaller yards may think you will leave big ruts with a huge mower on their yard, but I often use my very big ferris DD walkbehind on some small yards, my customers dont complain about it, but I could see how some would, and it would leave ruts if I didnt alternate the mowing pattern weekly.

OP
V

vt properties

LawnSite Member
I always alternate cutting patterns, I agree I need a bigger and faster piece of equitment to do the bigger commercial properties, so I think I will use it. It will speed up my time for sure and be easier on me rather than using my walk behind.

carguyrob

LawnSite Member
I mow all but about 3 of my residential accounts with a 61" ztr. Occasionally you'll get the annoying customer who says the riders are too heavy, but I haven't had much trouble with that. As long as the cut looks good you shouldn't have a problem.

OP
V

vt properties

LawnSite Member
Yea I hope it won t be any problems I picked some nice commercial accounts and I want to make the most of my time. I want to expand and still be profitable and it seems I will be able to cut just a little quicker than using my old walk behind