1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

Utilizing my wright stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Easy Way Lawn Care, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Easy Way Lawn Care

Easy Way Lawn Care LawnSite Member

This year I purchased a 36" wright stander to do my small yards which were too small for my 54" ztr. I had read how the stander can handle steep hills on this site but had never really ventured to see. Well the other day I was waiting for my empoyee to finish up and I decided to do some experimenting with the stander. I first rode it on some very steep hills that we normally have to us a trimmer on. To my suprised my just shifting my weight this little machine just hugged those hills. I then got to thinking if I attach a trimmer to this machine I can drive it to the areas that had to be trimmed instead of walking (this is on the bigger 3/4 and acre properties). Well I purchased a trimmer clamp and did a test run last week. I probably saved me about 15 minutes job time (two jobs across the street from each other 1 and 3/4 acres total) and with no fatique from walking. I have also used the same concept on some other big properties I had with the same results. I know use that little stander as both a small yard cutter and a big yard detail machine. Just thought I would post this for anyone who is interested or owns a stander.

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the tip, Where did you get the trimmer holder?

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

yes--this was a good post. how 'bout a pic of that trimmer holder?

GEO :)

4. Easy Way Lawn Care

Easy Way Lawn Care LawnSite Member

jtthomas sorry I dont have the web address with me. It cost 179 which is a bit pricy for what it is but overtime pays for itself in production