UTV for landscaping/lawn care /plowing

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by rstojkov, May 14, 2018.

1. rstojkov

rstojkov LawnSite Member

Hi all. How many of you run a UTV for anything lawn care/landscaping/plowing? I was thinking of getting one and getting rid of my plow for my F250. I figured I can use it for landscaping and lawn care work as well. Whether it be mulch, pulling away tarps of leaves, and the biggest one yet, plowing. I've been browsing for a while and was looking at the John Deere RSX. It seems to be the best combination of work and play, and we all know play should be considered as well. Any opinions are appreciated.

2. Miller5862

Miller5862 LawnSite Member

No. Having to load and unload it for plowing when you could just back pull and be done.. it cant plow anywhere near as much. A wagon for behind the tractor is cheaper and stores with 2 tractors on the trailor. You can buy plows for zero turns too btw if you just dont want to use truck lol.. get a dirtbike for play.. a geo tracker is cheaper than a utv if you want a seat and something to trash..

My 2 cents lol..

3. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

Play & work don't mix. Either one or the other.

UTV don't have the weight to plow any decent loads.

I have a kubota diesel UTV that I use for around the farm and sometimes on large mulch jobs that are larger then 100+ yards of mulch. It has a dump bed but other then that it has no place for a maintenance job unless you maintain highways, large complexes etc...

BrandonV likes this.
  4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

get a mini skid instead. Utv are overpriced for what they do. Mostly fun buggies now.

5. Big Vic

Big Vic LawnSite Member

I run a bobcat 3650 ( Polaris brutus) for snow removal. It's unstoppable with the blower and rotary broom.
    I have powed with trucks and blades, bobcat s650 with sb200 blower. This was the first season I tried the utv and I am sold. It's a great mashine.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

I think this would be the most useful all around...

upload_2018-6-13_19-7-14.jpeg

Green Machine 2 likes this.
  7. Big Vic

Big Vic LawnSite Member

Lol looks like a pile of fun. If your accountant can deduct it that will be sweet

Green Machine 2 likes this.
  8. Big Vic

Big Vic LawnSite Member

Mine refuses to deduct my wakeboat I told her I build docks and it is a work vehicle

MNLawns and Green Machine 2 like this.
  9. Green Machine 2

Green Machine 2 LawnSite Member

haha I'm actually laughing from this :laugh: