1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

UTV Sprayer (DIY or Buy)

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by mesquitekiller, Mar 16, 2019.

1. mesquitekiller

mesquitekiller LawnSite Member

Hello all!

I'm looking for a 35-40 gallon sprayer to use for individual plant treatment of Sendero to mesquite that I can put in the cargo bed of my Polaris Ranger. I'll only be using a spray gun, so no boom attachments needed. I sprayed 5000 acres last season (shortened season) with a 25 gallon sprayer that was older and thrown together so am looking to upgrade to be more efficient since I'm looking at 10,000 acres as a goal for this year. With the UTV setup, I drive with one hand, hold the spray gun in the other, and occasionally get out to reach more places at once.

I know there are a lot of expensive options out there so I feel handy enough to build my own, I just need a guide or advice on how to do so. At the 35-40 gallon range, I think it would be a lot cheaper, but would want to build it right and reliable - any suggestions on best pumps, tools to use to attach and drill into the tank, spray gun, etc. If I'm feeling fancy, I'd get a hose reel as well.

Of course, if anyone knows of any good deals or great setups out there that I should look into buying, I'm open to that as well!

Thanks for the help!

2. Maxify55

Maxify55 LawnSite Member

3. m_ice

m_ice LawnSite Member
    from IL

The 65 gallon with boom is like $600???

Why are you even considering building one?

zlandman likes this.