V ride 2 or new gen wright stander x

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by arl250, Apr 22, 2018.

1. arl250

arl250 LawnSite Senior Member

i know this subject has been beat up but now that the v ride and stander x have been updated which would you choose and why? I’m looking at 61 in and really like the fact I can get something other than a fx series Kawasaki on the wright but I’m a scag guy. Also want to mention that the scag dealer is the best around how ever the wright dealer is great to. I buy all my materials there and my handhelds there.

2. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

I’m in the same boat too. I’m leaning towards a 52 vride 2 over a wright 52 ztk

3. arl250

I really like the new v ride just don’t like the engine choices honestly however that’s not a deal breaker. But the wright guy is pushing these standers pretty hard I’m probably gonna demo both but idk just yet

4. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get an EFI Kohler on the scag. I would definitely go scag, the aerocore deck leaves alot to be desired, non serviceable spindles, and the deck isn't built nearly as strong as the V+. scag has hydro cooler, and the engine is frame mounted instead of deck mounted. engine bounced around like crazy on the X i had

5. Highland79

Highland79 LawnSite Member

Just out of curiousity what are the weak points of the Aerocore deck I keep hearing about. And how much service do you have to do to your Scag spindles? My non serviceable spindle's on my Wright Z are at 1600 hours, I'm about to replace the deck belt for the first time, and I have used it on everything from wet foot tall grass to brambles, and even reclaimed portions of hayfields with it. I'm not knocking the Scag here. But I have been leary of having to grease spindle's daily as I see Scag guys constantly saying is needed.

6. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

discharge, buildup under deck, clumping, and cut quality in anything other than thick lush fescue. scag spindles get greased weekly

7. arl250

I didn’t realize that about the v ride engine choices that’s a big plus for me

8. arl250

I’ve got 1800 hrs on one turf tiger and 1000 on the other and only grease my spindles every oil change and sometimes once in between

9. arl250

This is good to hear too. I have demoed a zk stander with the aero core and I couldn’t really tell and difference in it vs my v+ decks

10. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

isn't the scag dealer and the wright deal the same in your area? (STI?)
    We've have a 61" ZK for several years. We only use in on a few big properties but it's a beast. And it has the kawasaki engine. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't go down steep hills well (IMHO) but that may be true of all zero turns (we have mostly walkers)

It'll climb a hill like crazy and is great for side sloping (main reason we bought it) but once you point it down hill you better plan on going all the way down. The cut quality is good I feel except it the turf is real tall.