Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Hey Casey, next time you need something Scag in Virginia, try K & M Equipment in Culpeper, Va. They have great prices and are willing to go the extra mile for you. They have been great to work with - no complaints.
Thanks for letting me know. My local dealer was great on my first scag purchase (cheetah34kh61) but when I came back like 3 months later and wanted to know about the Vrides or pro v they just dropped the ball because they didn't have any to look at or try. I honestly think they have never seen one because the rep says they don't sell well in the a rural mountain area. Which is good for me cause it gives me a edge up on the competition. I should not be needing anymore mowers for sometime now. I should be good for like ten years with what I got. I bought scag because of their reputation on building a product that doesn't quit. As of now scag was my first mower and will be my last mower I buy as long as they keep up their quality. If I did buy a mower right now it would be the 61vride. I would trade the cheetah for one if I didn't have a 5 acre property with a bunch of rocks I have to lift the deck to go over. Where in va are you?
Posted via Mobile Device

Discussion starter · #24 ·
75-7600 is the fleet price on the 61 v-ride. Mini fleet on two john deere 61 quick tracks is 7700 or each or low 8's for one and gravely is selling their 61 pro stance for 7649 for one unit. Wright, exmark and toro are higher but exmark has EFI Kohler options. I would assume you can get EFI on the grandstand too. I don't think scag, deere, or wright have it but gravely does on the 52 and 61 at least - possibly on the 48
Posted via Mobile Device

I live in stuarts draft. I cover all of Augusta county, Staunton and Waynesboro. My scag dealer is beverage tractor. Maybe when I go fulltime I'll cross afton and do some work over there but for right now it's too far for me after I get off work.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm surprised to here you guys are having problems demoing where you live. I know I'm going off in left field but I have you problem times 50 out here in Montana and we're a big state. Not even a Scagg dealer in the state. Couldn't demo any model let alone specific one. Called Scagg direct and they were willing to sell through a local chain saw store but no demo prior to purchase! Hard to demo pretty much anything but Walker out here. I have to take my hat off to Gravely. The factory reps brought on from out of state to allow me to demo. So much for living in the last best place!! Good luck.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.