1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

vacuums?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by unionlawns, Nov 17, 2006.

1. unionlawns

unionlawns LawnSite Member
    from NC

looking to buy walk behind vacuum.which models are best and why?The new billy goat looks nice!going to be used for leaves,etc..:usflag:

2. unionlawns

unionlawns LawnSite Member
    from NC

nobody runs these vacuums?:confused:

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Not sure but would love to see some responses myself. Repost this in the commercial lawn mowing section for more feedback.

4. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete LawnSite Member

Are you looking at the new Billy Goat "MV"? I've got one and I like it. It's good for cleaning up small yards and parking lots. If I've got more than that I use my Force (wheeled blower) and a loader. The bagging system is AWESOME. No zippers and easy to dump! I got the self propelled version and it's stout. The only drawback I see on the unit is that I wish the bag could hold more. In thick leaves it can fill quickly. Weight and size wise it would be hard to handle if it held more leaves though.

Yes I do want my cake and to eat it too. ;)

5. nc-native

nc-native LawnSite Member

For the occasional parking lot cleanup a walk behind is good. You'll find that you will quickly out grow a walkbehind vac if you take on anything larger than a residental unit. Might want to gander at a tail gate mount vac or even a Little Wonder street blower. Purchase the optional pickup hose and "tada" you have a vac that will shoot leaves into the bed of your trailer/pickup truck as well as a fine blower that can help gather them up.

6. Golden Boy

Golden Boy LawnSite Member

Billy goat walk behind all the way to the bank