1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Valve Turner Onner Thingy

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SuperShovel, Oct 10, 2003.

  1. SuperShovel

    SuperShovel LawnSite Member
    Messages: 65

    I read in this forum once of something that would turn valves on just by putting it next to them. Someone used this to turn on zones when winterizing.

    But I can't find it now. I desperately would like to know if such a thing exists :)
  2. JeffY

    JeffY LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 324

    I don't think that is possible as all electronic valves turn on by electricity, not magnetic force. Closest thing I know of is by the Hunter Pro-C, ICC clocks that have a remote port that you can plug in the reciever to and take a remote control and control the clock via remote control.
  3. DanaMac

    DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 13,221

    It is actually a battery powered actuator. Mine is made by Progressive. It has two alligator clips, and you hook each one to a wire coming from the solenoid. Then turn on the switch.
  4. SuperShovel

    SuperShovel LawnSite Member
    Messages: 65

    Thanks Guys

    Dana I think that sounds like what I am looking for. Where do I get one?
  5. NC_Irrigator

    NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC
    Messages: 1,445

    Any irrigation supply house. Its called a Progressive/Tempo Station Master Plus/or Pro.

    itll run you about 70 bucks or so.
  6. SuperShovel

    SuperShovel LawnSite Member
    Messages: 65

    Thanks koster

    I found the place around here that sells progressive so i'm all set.

Share This Page