Valves turn on as programmed, but never close down

RhettMan

LawnSite Gold Member
fv.png

which one?
why are some....upside down?

RhettMan

LawnSite Gold Member
If the type of device that your referring to were to earn the spot as your time tested favorite if the conditions are right:

what model would that be?

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
If the type of device that your referring to were to earn the spot as your time tested favorite if the conditions are right:

what model would that be?
There are no right conditions any more. We used to have brass impact heads. We used to have dirty-water brass valves. You could run with crummy water flowing through a zone. Not so much today.

I've only rolled a few of my own, but the approach I favor has little commercial potential because it's effectively overkill to float a five-foot long cylindrical screen, and that's before you get to a secondary strainer and its purge valve.

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
i wonder if i sold my house it would be enough for a down payment on one of these

You just want an excuse to own a lifting boom. That rig is several times the flow capacity of systems I tend to deal with, but there is one characteristic it shares with my own work - Low velocity inflows

RhettMan

LawnSite Gold Member
"large intake"

im taking notes.

i think it would be cool to have a pump that could reverse flow our the purposes of "blowing out the intake screen" periodically

with foot valves this would be hard, but you know what i mean

Wet_Boots

LawnSite Fanatic
"large intake"

im taking notes.

i think it would be cool to have a pump that could reverse flow our the purposes of "blowing out the intake screen" periodically

with foot valves this would be hard, but you know what i mean
No, water goes one way only. Intake screens that frequently clog are too small for the flow.

1idejim

LawnSite Fanatic
There are no right conditions any more. We used to have brass impact heads. We used to have dirty-water brass valves. You could run with crummy water flowing through a zone. Not so much today.

I've only rolled a few of my own, but the approach I favor has little commercial potential because it's effectively overkill to float a five-foot long cylindrical screen, and that's before you get to a secondary strainer and its purge valve.
You keep talking about “rollin your own” much longer and I’ll start thinking you’ve moved to the great state of Jefferson
3E29556A-4470-47B0-9BBD-9430108C3537.jpeg

Top Forums