1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Vaper lock 6200 reddmaxx blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by leeslawncare, Oct 20, 2001.

1. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys ,long time no see . Has anyone had a problem with this blower vaper locking?thats what i call it Run it for 10 or so an it dies . took it to the dealer an i got a new filter for the gas ,an they looked at the cap , an it was fine . But it is still stalling? ii can crack the gas cap after it stalls an i will get a ( suckion) sound then it will crank right up again an run till i knock the throttle down. ....anyone else have this happening to you?:angry:

2. Shawn Burns

Shawn Burns LawnSite Member
    from N.C.

No,
    I just had mine looked over before leaf season and had to have idle adjusted, but no other problems! I also have a PB 4300 and no probs. with it either. Had both for 2 years

3. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

My EB4300 was doing this early this season. It was the spark arrestor screen in the muffler clogged with carbon. You can replace it, or throw it away. I threw it away, and the unit ran perfectly after that.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I had the same symptoms happening to mine. I took out the plug and wire brushed it and it ran fine. I put a new plug in it and no more problems at all. Strange, but it fixed the problem.

5. BufalinoLand

BufalinoLand LawnSite Senior Member

I run the all mighty 6200, I have never ever had a problem with this unit. This is its third season and shes got some hours on her. I even ran it half over with my trailor this season. All that happened was the plug broke off. Put a new one in and she fired right up. My buddy has the new 7000, I think my 6200 out shines it. Anyone else notice this