Vehicle Insurance Question...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by biggin69, Mar 7, 2007.

  1. Mow Mony

    Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA
    Messages: 229

    There is a difference between business and commercial insurance. Business use is using the truck to pick up materials, do estimates and that kind of stuff.

    If you are towing around a trailer and equipment you need commercial coverage, that way they wont try to deny your claim if something happens and you are towing a trailer.

    The other benefit is any person/employee can drive your truck and be covered. Commercial coverage also stays pretty much flat rate per truck, around $1000-$1200 per year, full coverage(collision/liabilty/comprehensive).

    The 2000 Tundra I have costs about the same to insure as my 2003 Ram. So if you have newer trucks, it really dosent make the price for coverage go up that much. I would say business coverage is better than a personal policy, but you still may not be covered for all circumstances so ask your insurance agent.

    We use Farmers insurance, they are real helpful, and the best prices I could find for the commercial coverage I wanted.

    Good luck!

Share This Page