1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Velkie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TJLC, Jul 26, 2000.

1. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got a bullrider for my exmark 48" hydro walk behind. My friend at a local mower repair shop is going to help me adapt it to my mower. He says we can install it but I will be unhappy with a velkie on my mower. He says it will wheelie up when I take off and will get in my way and will bog down my machine and wear it out faster. Any thoughts?

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

1.) Adapt it? It should pretty much drill and bolt right on.<p>2.) Didn't he even look at the Bull Rider? The wheels are slightly in front of the riders weight/feet, keeping the nose down.<p>3.) Bog down the machines? How many HP do you have. The hydro will take the additional load.<p>4.) Wear out faster? The mower or you?<br>Forget about the mower wearing out, keep yourself fresh and productive.

3. sunrise

sunrise Banned

I use one and have no problem with it.<br>I sometime have trouble backing up with it.<br>I did have one a velkie that I had to put weights on front to stop it from bunny hopping.