• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Velkies

QLC

LawnSite Member
I agree with Evan. I have a 1 wheel Velkie brand and the wheel mark in the middle doesn't do justice for a good stripe. I would like to have a 2 wheel but don't have the extra money. I don't think it will get used as much this year either because I bought a 61&quot; Z-Max. Sitting is much better than standing. hehehe<p>QLC

MOW ED

LawnSite Fanatic
Did ya ever hear of the Pro-Slide?<br>I have one on a Toro 15hpp hydro walk or slide behind. They dont go over the sidewalks very well but they stripe great and they really get the looks. I paid about 400 for it but it was worth every penny. It is a piece of heavy duty poly on diamond plate. Its attatched with a retractable cylinder for when you step off. Its about 2' wide and slides over the turf, I love it. Just a thought. I'm not a dealer but if you want more info e-mail me at balc@gbonline.com<br>

OP
little green guy

little green guy

LawnSite Senior Member
thanks for the replies. I was thinking about the two wheel over the single wheel to begin with but i didn't know if the single wheel would be more menuverable (sorry about the spelling) behind a hydro. Any thoughts? thanks

lawnforce1

LawnSite Member
I have both for my Scag 52. I like the single wheel better because it seems to have less resistance going up small inclines and also it is much easier to turn and back. The double wheeled does leave a better pattern but it also can tear the grass up when it's damp. I also looked at the slide but the local dealer told me it wouldn't fit the Scag so I passed. If this isn't true I might have to go to another shop and get one.

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think I've used a dozen different sulkies, probably owned 4 or 5. 1 wheel & 2 wheel. I also built 3 different ones myself. Actually built my own 2 wheel unit when I first saw the velkie advertised - that was like 1990. I could write a 10 page article on all I've learned about sulkies, but I'll spare everybody.<p>Anyway, I would buy 1.) Jungle Wheels 2.) Bullrider and then 3.) 2 wheel velkie.