1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Velocity Plus Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, May 16, 2008.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Do they make a High lift Blade For the Velocity Plus Deck???i seem to have Medium Lift from the factory.

Thanks John

2. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

John,

They do make highlifts for the velocity deck. Can't think of the part number off hand. I have been running medium lifts with great results so far. I sometimes will run a highlift blade on the discharge side.

3. John Gamba

from ct

I'm not impressed with the second cut. I did go threw some deep high moisture grass and the Trim side leaves a strip of uncut grass?

I think high lifts will help? if not its back to gravely.

Thanks John

4. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Scags highlifts are massive. 3 inches and one of the highest sails I have seen on a blade. I ran them for one day and with the 27 kolher the power really dropped. Did get a little sharper of at cut. You might want to give them a try. I have been having great result with just medium lifts here for now. Goodluck.

5. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I use Meg-Mow blades they have great lift.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Scag does make them but I'm not sure of the part #.

7. John Gamba

from ct

I will try them. I called the dealer yesterday and was confused about the answer i got. I was not sure if scag made them or the dealer didnt have them. I'll let you know all know.

Thanks again:waving:

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Thank god its not just me. Everybody here seems to love scag but I have never liked the cut quality of any scag I have ever seen. Its not bad but its not a sharp crisp cut like other mowers.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Words to live by.I think i'm going to sell it. It has 7 hours on. Anyone interested??

10. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

have you guys tried dropping the front baffle lower to get the vaccum up?