Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
If you do not want to monkey around with mixing your own, a good one is T Zone. Labeled for actively growing rye/dormant bermuda. Add the Gallery DF to that.

Anyone have a suggestion for what to use for wild violet in near dormant St Aug?
A softer mix would be just MSM. I would be careful of things likely to cause contact injury to the desirable turf. Violets can take the cold, yes? You could wait until the St Augustine is fully dormant then go nuts.

Problem is in sub- tropical climates like we have is you are not sure if the grass is fully dormant unless there was a good solid snow.
Do you apply anything this time of year? I know you have lots of St Aug. You're usually just a little warmer than I am. My temps now are low 30's to 60's. The next 3 days will be in the mid 70's.

You can apply Pre-emergent any time but there are various windows for different weed concerns.

Poa is winter weed grass concern so I try to get in late august to Sept.

I apply Dimension 3 times a year, read Lable about a split program but I hit Sept, and split in Feb, May.

I have applied a 3 way on a really weedy lawn ( broad leaf) and there was some effect but not as much as you would have in the late winter spring.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.