• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Ventrac???

domguise

LawnSite Member
Anyone have a ventrac??? I’ve wanted to operate one forever. Is this anyone else’s dream? I’m curious to see if any one dislikes owning one.

AsaStump

LawnSite Member
We only use ours for lawn aerovation and brush cuts. They are great machines and have many attachments but are quite expensive if you can't use them on a regular basis. As far as mowing another company near us has one and he said its a PITA to mow with unless its a large wide open property.

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
I don't own one...yet. They are the ultimate sidewalk snow machine. Well, I own an SSV, but that isn't what you're referring to.

A truthful dealer will tell you they are not as productive as a Z or stander, they are more a specialty machine.

Nicb

LawnSite Member
I own a Ventrac.

They are a great machines they allow me to mow a lot of times when my zero turn can't handle the conditions. i.e. wet, swampy area's, difficult hills.
They are also great in open area's.
I also have a stump grinder and slip scoop and a tough cut deck, that I use as well.
However others are correct, they are pricey and are not efficient on medium to small yards that require a lot of turning.
It is really a personal choice and what fits for your company.