Lawn Care Forum banner

Ventrac???

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Nicb 
#1 ·
Anyone have a ventrac??? I’ve wanted to operate one forever. Is this anyone else’s dream? I’m curious to see if any one dislikes owning one.

#3 ·
We only use ours for lawn aerovation and brush cuts. They are great machines and have many attachments but are quite expensive if you can't use them on a regular basis. As far as mowing another company near us has one and he said its a PITA to mow with unless its a large wide open property.

#4 ·
I don't own one...yet. They are the ultimate sidewalk snow machine. Well, I own an SSV, but that isn't what you're referring to.

A truthful dealer will tell you they are not as productive as a Z or stander, they are more a specialty machine.

#5 ·
I own a Ventrac.

They are a great machines they allow me to mow a lot of times when my zero turn can't handle the conditions. i.e. wet, swampy area's, difficult hills.
They are also great in open area's.
I also have a stump grinder and slip scoop and a tough cut deck, that I use as well.
However others are correct, they are pricey and are not efficient on medium to small yards that require a lot of turning.
It is really a personal choice and what fits for your company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.