• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Very Confused!!

Acerdavidi

LawnSite Member
I am attempting to put in a for a commercial property that has approx. 53,000 sq ft. The property is in great condition and requires a lot of maintenance such as string trimming and edging. They just want me to mow once a week and do a spring clean-up with edging of all the beds-approx. 1,500 feet. The lawn areas are not open mowing, there are landscape beds everywhere which makes a lot of turning and manuvering. Equipment that we will use are:1 Walker riding mower and two walk-behind mowers. If anyone has any idea how i can price this out that would be great. Any info would help-this bid is driving me crazy!!! <br>Thanks Again.<p>----------<br>David<br>Northeast Ohio

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
You might be better off breaking it down and looking at it as several smaller jobs-say, an edging job three times a year, a cleanup, five-5300 sq ft mowing jobs with push mowers and one half-acre job with thw walker, etc.<p>All at the same stop.<p>See where Im going with this?<p>Bill

When a measure a industrial job I take only four measurements.<p>1. 21&quot; lawn mow and bag footage<br>2. 52&quot; mow and side discharge footage<br>3. Linear feet of stuff to be trimmed/edged<br>4. sq footage of landscape beds.<p>With those numbers I can put togeather a<br>complete grounds maint. proposal in less than<br>an hour. Copies in triplicate, copies of<br>pesticide bus and applicators license, copy<br>of insurance certificate so all they have to<br>do is sign on the dotted line.<br>

Lazer

LawnSite Bronze Member
I'm probably helping more than I should:<p>We do a site that is 51M for $124.00/week. I does have a lot of edging, but few landscape beds to contend with.

Knightrider2

LawnSite Member
I'm right there with this guy. Is there a factor you can use such as $ x sq.ft. to calculate a bid for a job like this. I've noticed by reading the comments on this and another web site that I should not under bid my work, but that is hard if I don't have a factor to go by. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.<p>----------<br>Kevin S. Knight<br>

Knightrider2

LawnSite Member
Well guys I found my information in another forum that was posted a while back. Thanks any way. I knew I was bound to find something with all of the info discussed. You can still elaborate a little. I found one guy say he uses $1.25 - $1.50 per Sq.Ft.<br>This is very helpful. Then another guy said he used this same factor but added a $20.00 Stop Fee. I don't know if I could get away with charging $47.50 for a lawn, just my opinion would like to hear from more of you guys that have been doing this for awhile.<p>----------<br>Kevin S. Knight<br>