Video Surveillance at your clients

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Video surveillance is becomming more and more common at residential properties. We've had a handful of clients over the last 2-3 years with cameras around the outside of their homes.

A few weeks ago someone stole some items out of a local police officer's cruiser parked outside his home. All caught on video.

I just saw on the news a video of a Fed Ex guy throwing a computer monitor over the recipient's fence!! HaHa Ha - stupid idiot!

Are you guys reminding your crews and helpers to be aware of the possibility of being under video surveillance while at a client's property? You know, in terms of when nature calls, and so forth.

Or when you walk up on a new client's porch for the first time do you make sure you're not picking your nose, making adjustments here and there, or anything else goofy before you ring the doorbell?

SoCalLandscapeMgmt

LawnSite Silver Member
I remind my guys about this all the time. We have several commercial maintenance clients with fully surveiled properties. I always tell them that they have to assume that they are being watched wherever they are on the property and at all times.

I have one client who told us a funny story about the parking lot sweeping service that they used. Apparently the sweeping company would come out and sweep at about 4:00 am or so once a week. The security guards caught the guy operating the sweeping truck spanking the monkey right out in the middle of the parking lot back behind the building. He thought that nobody was watching but they had it all on tape. The PM was so disgusted by it that they fired the sweeping company.

OP
DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
And guys plowin snow on hourly rates need to be aware of the cameras. No more GHOST hours added to the bill! There is a large snow contractor in the area that is notorious for falsely billing.

THEGOLDPRO

LawnSite Fanatic
I have quite a few residential properties that have full camera systems, We just go about our day.

OP
DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
I guess if you and your guys are doing the right thing even when nobody is looking, no need to worry.
Yup! That's some darn good never would have thought of it comment Joey!!! Amazing no one else scrambled to say that! You should do consulting!

I don't see in the posts where anyone expresses any "worry"?

If the world was perfect, life would be dull. Very dull. And Joey wouldn't have anyone to worship and respond to!!!

I always remember being in my teens and my mom had Regis & Kathy Lee on. I remember Kathy Lee saying she was having landscape work done at her home and she came around the corner and one of the laborers was peeing.

A manager at a local nursery used to be in business for himself. One morning he and I were talking about jobsite professionalism. He told me about a time that he had a high end client in Potomac MD. He had wanted to bring the client outside to inspect the work. So he and her are walking around back, come around the corner, and one of his workers was there peeing. He said he was so embarrassed and dismayed.

Remind the boys to always be aware. Cameras are becomming a trend.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
OP
DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Yup! That's some darn good never would have thought of it comment Joey!!! Amazing no one else scrambled to say that! You should do consulting!

I don't see in the posts where anyone expresses any "worry"?

If the world was perfect, life would be dull. Very dull. And Joey wouldn't have anyone to worship and respond to!!!

I always remember being in my teens and my mom had Regis & Kathy Lee on. I remember Kathy Lee saying she was having landscape work done at her home and she came around the corner and one of the laborers was peeing.

A manager at a local nursery used to be in business for himself. One morning he and I were talking about jobsite professionalism. He told me about a time that he had a high end client in Potomac MD. He had wanted to bring the client outside to inspect the work. So he and her are walking around back, come around the corner, and one of his workers was there peeing. He said he was so embarrassed and dismayed.

Remind the boys to always be aware. Cameras are becoming a trend.

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

patpls

LawnSite Member
Had a customer tell us at end of job he had his camera in the upstair bedroom window trained on us. Then he added that he normally has it turned into the bedroom..... But why?!