1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

View New Posts

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by dougaustreim, Jan 6, 2004.

1. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

How come in the last few days, when I click View New Posts, I get a message (No Matches Found)? most of the time Occassionaly it comes up but only rarely.

Doug Austreim
    Austreim Landscaping

2. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

Hrm.. not sure, I click that link dozens of times a day and each time I am updated with new threads.

Your clicking the link on the main page under "Welcome back, dougaustreim" right? ... http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?s=&action=getnew

There are an average of about 650-800 & as many as 1,000 new posts a day for the last few months... so, any given minute there would be a new thread when you click that link.... Like I said, I click it at least 35 times a day and the ONLY time I have ever got the no matches found page is around 2 or 3 in the morning.

What Internet browser/version are you using? What are your security settings? (hi/low) .... you are accepting all cookies.. right? Have you made any computer or Internet setting changes recently?

I will get this figured out for you.

3. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

4. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

This feature works fine on other forums with the same format, but here it only works about every fourth time. I was gone for a few days and came home and had pages of new posts. This morning now it says no match.

Doug

5. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

hrm.. strange. How do you have your cookie security settings set? What many days do you keep pages in history folder?