Vinyl Banner vs Aluminum Banner

dabears8430

LawnSite Member
Looking to put a banner on the walls I'm putting up on my truck bed. Guy I talked to said the vinyls will only last me a few years where the aluminum will last a lot longer. Looking for everyone's opinion on which one they went with and their experience.

Probably will put an aluminum one with a laminate over it for my trailer gate so its tougher against the wind. Opinions?

Thanks

dhardin53

LawnSite Senior Member
The cost of aluminum is so high right now. I would think you can get 3 or 4 vinyl signs for the cost of all aluminum.

The newer plastic corrugated sign material holds up real good. I tool down some real-estate signs that was made of thin aluminum with a plastic corrugation center and a second aluminum skin.

http://rssupplyinc.com/alumacorr.aspx

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Get two pieces of aluminum sheet cut to fit where you want them then letter with whatever you need. In my case I use both sides. One for lawn care in the summer and then flip it over and have snow removal and firewood stuff o the other side. Seems to work for me and will last a long time.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
D

dabears8430

LawnSite Member
I got a quote from Fast Signs and for a 2'x8' aluminum sign its $160 and the vinyl was $105. The guy said I could get a few years out of the vinyl one before it starts wearing out. Long run, aluminum is looking like a better option.

Puddle of Oil

LawnSite Bronze Member
Anybody have any pictures? I've been looking at doing something similar in the up coming season.

Mikegyver

LawnSite Bronze Member
Me too. How do they hold up on trailer gates??? I was going to get some 2x2 signs for each side of my trailer to go on the ends of my expanded metal lockbox. Also wanted one for the gate but was afraid that it will blow off when I am going 70+MPH