1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Visitor from the Welding Web

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by echo8287, Mar 30, 2004.

1. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

Hey fellas I'm new to the Lawnsite family. I registered and it looks like a great site. I had a couple of questions for you guys. I've got several Stihl products>chainsaws,edgers,string trimmers,and a leaf blower. My BG85C blower is having a carberator problem,runs wide open for a minute or so and then starts sputtering and cuts off. Changed plug ,cleaned air cleaner, and generally cleaned it up. I think it has some trash in the gas line or carb. I use this thing pretty regularly,so gas scum isn't a problem. Anyway I wanted a service manual for it and I see that Stihl doesn't sell sevice manuals and parts blowups. Is there anywhere I can get some of these manuals for the Stihl products. I can fix em myself, but I'd like the manuals if I could get them . Thanks for any reply !!! David

2. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

Goto www.stihlusa.com. They have a section to order parts & owners manuals at no cost. Your problem sounds like a plugged fuel filter or a fuel tank venting problem.
    Best of luck.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member