• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Visitor from the Welding Web

echo8287

LawnSite Member
Hey fellas I'm new to the Lawnsite family. I registered and it looks like a great site. I had a couple of questions for you guys. I've got several Stihl products>chainsaws,edgers,string trimmers,and a leaf blower. My BG85C blower is having a carberator problem,runs wide open for a minute or so and then starts sputtering and cuts off. Changed plug ,cleaned air cleaner, and generally cleaned it up. I think it has some trash in the gas line or carb. I use this thing pretty regularly,so gas scum isn't a problem. Anyway I wanted a service manual for it and I see that Stihl doesn't sell sevice manuals and parts blowups. Is there anywhere I can get some of these manuals for the Stihl products. I can fix em myself, but I'd like the manuals if I could get them . Thanks for any reply !!! David

sdwally

LawnSite Senior Member
Goto www.stihlusa.com. They have a section to order parts & owners manuals at no cost. Your problem sounds like a plugged fuel filter or a fuel tank venting problem.
Best of luck.