1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Vistaprint Search Engine Listings Manager

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Marshall's Yard Service, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Marshall's Yard Service

Marshall's Yard Service LawnSite Senior Member

Thoughts? Comments? Reviews if you use it?

2. EverGrow Marketing

EverGrow Marketing Sponsor

If you're going to use a citation builder, I would strongly recommend BrightLocal for "automated" citation bursts.

If you're going to do it yourself, I would use a combination of BrighLocal and MozLocal. But BrightLocal is by far the best citation burst management tool, imo.

hort101 likes this.
  3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Platinum Member

VistaPrint is a printing company. It's not a company you want to use to build your web site, run your SEO, etc. Their services are cheap because they're, well, cheap.

As EverGrow mentioned, BrightLocal is very good for citation building and you're going to pay a bit more, but it's worth it. The main difference is automated listing submissions vs manual submissions. BrightLocal's are manually created. For $15/year, I'm gonna go out on a very short limb and say they're automated.

My advice would be to just compile a list of 20 of the most important listings and earn a bit of sweat equity by doing it yourself. It's boring. It's tedious. It's also a good learning exercise. https://www.brightlocal.com/resources/top-50-local-citation-sites/#USA

When you inevitably read that you should have 50 or 100 citations, you can discount that. Create 20 good ones, including any truly local to you directories you can get listed on, and go on with your life. The remaining 50 to 100 listing sites will end up with your data anyway and create the (worthless) listings for you.

hort101 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Marshall's Yard Service

Marshall's Yard Service LawnSite Senior Member

Ok. I liked the idea of being able to edit all listings at one time so I didn't end up with slightly different info one place from another and making it much quicker.

5. South Hills Lawns

South Hills Lawns LawnSite Member

I disagree. I use Vistaprint and think they're wonderful. I typed all my keywords in the SEO portion, keep it updated and it's done wonderfully for me at only 120 a year including a custom domain name.

hort101 likes this.
  6. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Platinum Member

Disagreeing is how we stimulate discussion and learn, but you're disagreeing about something that no one is talking about. You're talking web sites, OP is talking citation building.

That said, the product you're talking about is just fine if you simply want to have a web presence (virtual brochure) and don't rely on it for lead gen.

If you do want to use it to compete for leads, to draw an analogy that everyone here will understand, it's the equivalent of buying a bare bones, homeowner-grade Murray 21" mower and heading out on a commercial route. In almost any use case, it's a hard pass.