1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the March 26 article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Volt lighting systems

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Smith Lawn & Landscaping, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Alan B.
    Is Amp and Volt two different companies?

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Fanatic

Different brands like Chevy and Buick or ford/mercury

Bigred350 likes this.
  3. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor
    Male, from tampa, fl

Correct, two separate brands but owned by the same parent co.

AMP products are exclusively for contractors, price protected, dedicated contractor support, free shipping. AMP started with its own unique line of products that were higher quality (specification grade fixtures), more expensive, and completely exclusive. The line has expanded to cover a variety of price points, but remains for trade-only.

4. OP
    OP
    Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I will be installing 6 spot lights and 5 deck lights I ordered from AMP this weekend for a client. I couldn't believe how fast shipping was i ordered Monday and Tuesday it was at the door. I'm impressed so far.

5. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor
    Male, from tampa, fl

and it is free shipping :)

All products in stock, all orders rec'd by 5pm ship same day, we reach 55% of locations next day via ground shipping and 85% in 48 hours. Lifetime warranty on all items including lamps. Customer service staff 7 days a week (8am-8pm M-F and slightly shorter hours on weekends).

6. AMPLighting

AMPLighting Sponsor

Thank you for the feedback both positive and negative. We truly listen to all of our customers feedback.

7. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Have been installing amp (volt) for the past 8 years or so, I can tell you one thing their customer service is very very good, and their fixtures on par or better than other brands at a price that you can't beat.
    Every time I had an issue all it took is a phone call and bammm my fixtures and lights replaced in a heartbeat, if you become a AMP installer they offer free fast shipping. I recently moved to california and the company I partner with was going having many callbacks with other manufacture (mostly underwater lights) We started slowly switching to AMP and now 98% of our installs are AMP lights

8. AMPLighting

AMPLighting Sponsor

Thank you for being a customer and the nice feedback. Our customers are our best advocates.

Even during this crisis we are fully open and fully stocked. We wish good luck to all and our country-- hopefully we will all get through this chapter sooner than later.

BrandonV and AztlanLC like this.