VOTE - LOGO DESIGN

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by milsaps118, Jan 13, 2018.

?

Design 1, 2 or Neither

Poll closed Jan 27, 2018.
  1. Design 1

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Design 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both Suck

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. milsaps118

milsaps118 LawnSite Senior Member

Would like some feedback on a logo design.

Design 1, 2 or neither. Thanks!!
    TECComp_Wht.jpg

Attached Files:

• TEC.pdf
      File size:
      106.1 KB
      Views:
  2. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD/NC

Sorry, had to vote #3.

***I'm no logo expert***

It's a bit confusing, with the writing style of "total erosion and clearing", not sure what the green "I" that had to do with anything and I;m not really a fan of that color scheme.

milsaps118, oqueoque and tonygreek like this.
  3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Agree with grassmonkey. The green "i" element makes no sense and seems to exist just to exist.

The orange triangle and TEC are perfectly fine. I would, however, de-cutesy the the second line and make it so that it's readable at a glance. The font just doesn't work with the ultramodern TEC.

milsaps118 and oqueoque like this.
  4. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

I am your target customer. I am 58 years old. Disposable income. My eyesight started failing at 40 and gets a little worse each year. When I look at your logo, I like the design, but I can’t tell what you do. Make is easy to read for an old guy that sees your truck in traffic.

5. oak branch

oak branch LawnSite Member

Change the font. Century Gothic, sans-serif are easy to read fonts. Not sure if that's the type of message you want to covey

milsaps118 and oqueoque like this.
  6. milsaps118

Thanks for your input! The reason behind the "i" is Our parent company is called TEI and TEC is going to be a division of TEI. We wanted to incorporate that into the TEC logo.

7. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If you have an established biz, why not use the same logo with “TEI”-“division of TEC” incorporated in it. I think people would be able to relate to it better. Currently it is a tad confusing.

8. milsaps118

I get what you're saying, and we will have that on our print, marketing & web material. This logo would be used for vehicles/equipment. To put all that on trucks wouldn't look right. Just want a clean simple modern logo - something low key but same color scheme and familiarity between both logo's to associate the two.

9. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I see it on service trucks around here all the time. I’ts never made me think anyless of that company.

10. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Missouri

Yeah, a logo shouldn't need an explanation about why it is what it is.

You should see it and know. I saw the TEC and thought a Tech company.....wouldn't think it was lawn, landscape...or erosion control.

North Idaho Dream likes this.