1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Vride2 or Ferris Z2?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by sll408, Jul 1, 2020.

1. sll408

sll408 LawnSite Member

Looking for your opinions, likes vs dislikes. I’ve watched a million YouTube videos, what do you guys think?

I specify the Z2 and not the Z3 bc I can get a 2019 52” Z2 with under 100hrs or a 2020 vride 2 52” new for close to the same price.

ThAnks in advance

2. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Silver Member

2859556A-793A-465A-BC5A-AA653B87D9C7.jpeg 2381A092-A80C-4C41-9EC8-B3C619431E9E.jpeg C5E202D5-7383-441D-9151-B4BB6C9CB5BB.jpeg 429D0A6D-2965-488C-83B0-7074DD022F8F.jpeg I ran bobcats for 20yrs. I demoed a z2 and was sold. Got a 52 w the Kawasaki for $8k. No complaints but I only have 20hrs on it. I honestly can’t think of any dislikes. Love how the hydros have speed control so you can kinda customize it if you are on a small or large lawn. Super easy to get used to. & I like how the Deck design makes underneath pretty easy to scrape the clippings.

Cam15, Crazy 4 grass and sll408 like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    sll408

sll408 LawnSite Member

Are you running a stripe kit on that and are you using the Ferris factory hi lifts?

Cam15 and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  4. EricC

EricC LawnSite Senior Member

also have Z2, i'm not a pro, have about 100 hours on mine now.
    Likes: feel 100x's better when i'm done with my 2 acre bumpy, hilly yard than I was on any lawn tractor or ZTR.
    -Excellent on hills cross and up. Down will skid if steep and any grade right or left but that's not unique to the stander. backing down i'm in total control, but don't find the need to do this where I am.
    -cuts very well i have g6's on because that's what it came with and i've found no reason to change.
    -i'm faster on this than any previous ZTR, very nimble but that's probably most standers
    -easy to hop off and on for garbage etc
    -PTO cuts out, not engine and when I jump back on i'm already pulling the PTO with a light tug and blades are whirring and ready to cut by the time I get my hands on the sticks again. very seamless
    Z2 in a 52" cut has some nice fat tires on the back which helps in my very squishy back area. Many times i've walked there with water squishing up over the soles of my shoes, but am able to mow with little issue.
    -oil changes are pretty easy, but aren't most?
    I can't really compare it to other standers, because I haven't been on any others.

dislikes
    -changing hydro oil is a pain, but now it seems they're recommending that less and less so is it even an issue unless you make it one?

5. GRANTSKI

No strips kit. Yea I got the factory blades just had to slightly sharpen / put a quick edge on them

6. Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass LawnSite Platinum Member

Impressive for no stripe kit!

GRANTSKI and Cam15 like this.
  7. GRANTSKI

Thanks. W the Ferris I’ve noticed if ya want an awesome cut just take it slow. Some of those were double cut but it’s kinda necessary when cutting high. Besides sharp blades - cleaning under the deck is almost as important . (Although w the z2 it’s not much of an issue Esp since it’s a brand new machine).

Crazy 4 grass and Cam15 like this.
  8. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Silver Member

with my 48" Z2, I went to scag super hilift blades.
    had to have them "trimmed" an 1/8 inch (each side) at my machine shop, but man, well worth it, dialed in the cut for sure.

thanks to ridin' green for that.

Crazy 4 grass likes this.