W-9 Form

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cutman2000, Jan 5, 2014.

  1. cutman2000

    cutman2000 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 218

    Hello, I have a couple of things going through my head.

    #1. I moved recently, and my old address is on my EIN. I think it takes about 2 months to update. Should I fill out my W-9(for my client) with my old address that is on the EIN file, or the new, current address?

    #2. I am an LLC company(sole proprietor). And for the last 2 years I've been filing with my wife(together). Should I be filing separately?
  2. 205mx

    205mx LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,393

    Do you not have a CPA?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. cutman2000

    cutman2000 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 218

    lol, If I did currently have a CPA and had to ask YOU for information, I would probably have to shoot that CPA. You agree?
  4. nightshutter

    nightshutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from UT
    Messages: 513

    Depends on household income. Only your CPA or tax preparer can answer that CORRECTLY for you. Everyones situation is different. My non "legal" advise would be if she doesn't work and you have kids, filing joint would be best. If she works and pays taxes then separately would be better. Talk to a real CPA! good luck
  5. cutman2000

    cutman2000 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 218

    Thanks nightshutter, that's pretty much what I was thinking, and was just looking for others to expound on it. And I will be talking with a CPA. Thanks.

Share This Page