1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

W. Stander owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Sep 26, 2002.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Which type of blades are u using? I have been using the regular cutting blades, then recently switched to hi-lift for the fall....any other recommendations?

2. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on what you need or want the machine to do...
    If you are side discharging during the season, then doubles - regular straight on bottom/Gator on top.
    Catching - regular straight blades during the season, high lifts in fall for leaves.
    Mulching (with Wright's baffle kit) - either regular straights, high lift Gators or the Exmark Excaliber blades which are pretty much the same if the have the notched airfoils. I would not use doubles or high lifts with the kit - too much blow out.

3. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

How do the doubles work?

4. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Well lets put it this way, I do not pick up anything from May thru till probably the second or third week in Oct. If there is any clumps or areras that don't look passable in appearance, I either make another pass with the mower or as I am blowing, I blow that area out real quick to disperse anything that is laying on top.

5. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

i sold a few standers to the city here, they've tried a few different types and configurations, but they are sold on "RazorBacks" they are mulching blades like gators, but seem to keep an edge a lot longer.

they screwed a piece of expanded metal over the discharge, and when these things mulch leaves and thick grass they leave no trace.