Lawn Care Forum banner

Wal-Mart contract

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  specialtylc 
#1 ·
Any of you guys do work for Wal-Mart? Was wondering if I could pm you some questions concerning this 32 page contract.

Thanks
Tod

#4 ·
naturescape said:
I'm sure they'd be happy to exploit you and take advantage of you as they do with all their employees. Have fun!
Actually, they're two of my best / fastest paying accounts.

I send an invoice to the store on the first of the month, I have a check from Bentonville AR by the 10th.

Now, I'm sure some of that has to do with the chain of command, meaning it's how fast the store / district manager sign off on the invoice, and if you get one that isn't that great about signing off, then it'll take a while, but at the same time, they're not going to want to pay alot of late fees because that drives the margins up.

One year due to a clerical error on Wal-Marts side of things, they paid me the whole account up front. I took the check in, talked to the manager about it, and he and the district manager signed off on it. It'd be nice to have more accounts like that, but at the same time, I'd probably blow it all by June and be broke before the end of the summer. :)

#5 ·
that would be fun mowing and doing stuff for wal-mart maybe they will give u some crappy lawn mowers lol j/k.

#7 ·
paolaken said:
they contacted me in the past and told me what they would pay me and what they wanted out of me. when i looked it over it turned out to be a very bad deal. told them there was no way, not even double what they offered. what a joke they are.
:dizzy: i would have walked away rite then and not even looked at the property. i tell you what to pay if you dont like it fine find another :jester:

#9 ·
I decided to bid a couple of them and I found out that they are a PITA to deal with, all they did was use my bid to get another company to drop their bid by $1800 a year and then came back to me and said "well these other folk beat you out by a bunch, but if you can beat it the deal is yours". Needless to say I never dropped my bid below the $ that I had on my bid. I hope Wal Mart falls on their face!

#10 ·
Good grief.

1:Naturescape. Take that whining back to the Sierra Club meeting. I've never seen any "exploited" employees walking around with guns to their heads being forced to work there.

2:What's the problem with a potential customer telling you what they want and what they'll pay. If it ain't fair, just move on! Once again, you're not being forced to work there.

People, just answer the man's question if you can. Keep your liberal soapbox to the "off-topic" forums.:nono:

As for me Tod, I've never done any work for them. I try to stay away from jobs with tons of cars and people around. If there is one thing I have noticed about them; people shopping at Wal-mart sure do like to throw a lot of trash on the ground. Good luck though.:)

#11 ·
lawnspecialties said:
Good grief.

1:Naturescape. Take that whining back to the Sierra Club meeting. I've never seen any "exploited" employees walking around with guns to their heads being forced to work there.

2:What's the problem with a potential customer telling you what they want and what they'll pay. If it ain't fair, just move on! Once again, you're not being forced to work there.

People, just answer the man's question if you can. Keep your liberal soapbox to the "off-topic" forums.:nono:

As for me Tod, I've never done any work for them. I try to stay away from jobs with tons of cars and people around. If there is one thing I have noticed about them; people shopping at Wal-mart sure do like to throw a lot of trash on the ground. Good luck though.:)
It's not just people shopping at Wal-Mart, although the bigger one I do, we would pick up 3-4-5 30 gallon garbage bags of garbage each week off of the property.

I do 2 strip malls as well, where they're paying me to go to the malls 3 times / week just to pick up the garbage that's there. It's only an hour or so / day, but it's garbage none-the-less.

#13 ·
I have been doing a Wal mart for 6 years now. Includes lot sweeping, sidewalk power washing, snow removal. At first it was kind of a PIA job because of contracting and invoices had to go through Arkansa. They changed that after the first year. Now all contracts and invoicing is done at the store. :cool2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.