Walk behind guys GITT

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
I do not mow grass. There is a slippery type of plastic sheet called HDPE (high density polyethylene), . Could you cover or line the deck with such a product?
Actually those white plastic herbicide jugs and milk jugs are about the same type of plastic. You could probably drill a few holes and cover the worst spots with the slippery surface.
Naturally coat everything under the deck with a heavy coat of automotive (spray-on ) wax.
Can you clean under the deck with a backpack blower?

Just ideas--nothing more.

sehitchman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Running a wright stander B, and in VERY wet conditions I’ll clean out the deck a couple times per lawn. I normally just drive it up the ramp half way and bare hand it out.
I will do this sometimes, fortunately it is rarely necessary on southern grass. If I find it necessary, I pinch a tarp under the dropped gate, so that the crap falling through the gate mesh is captured. Makes clean up easier. I've got stops where I'm doing up to six 8-10k yards, and don't have the time or place to risk dumping the crap on the street or a yard. So I leave the blades turning until I get over the tarp, and it pukes it out.

oabdu123

LawnSite Senior Member
we run 36 toro commercials now, i did have a 36 proline Tbar and had zero issues with it, it was somewhat lighter than the commercial and i almost prefer that. the commercial has a turboforce deck and it cuts real nice. only reason i got rid of the proline, it was just used up, very high hours.
Yes, I also use a 36 and 44 Toro T bar Belt Drive from the mid 90s. I'm a solo guy and love these units. What are some of the pros/cons with the turbo force deck vs the older T bar units I operate? And being that you use 36 Toro commercials mowers, do you mostly have smaller lawns?

oabdu123

LawnSite Senior Member
Washing the underneath of the deck every TWO weeks?
In wet weather that’s an everyday thing
In wet weather you may need to clean the deck manually every lawn or even multiple times per lawn,
Yes even on a scag.

what I’m reading here is a bunch of new young bucks that have little experience and unrealistic expectations

where do you clean your deck?
It’s called the trailer
Scoop it up and throw it in a plastic barrel you should be carrying with you along with radon stuck or other debris you pick up from lawn to lawn.

if it gets really rough you break out the grass gobbler and a tarp

this is the way it’s always been
Certain blade and deck technology had mitigated that somewhat over the years, but none of it disappears entirely.
TB not to hijack the post but I would appreciate your expert advice. I run 2x (36and 44) mid 90s Toro Proline T bar. Love these units and I know your a fan of the 44 especially.
I'm looking at getting a similar 52, and aside for having a bigger deck than the 44 is there some pros/cons? I've heard that the 44 is more balanced and ergonomic than the 52 with the oblong deck? Also all of my lawns are under .40 acre and most around a .25. Looking at the 52 to pick up a few bigger/more wide open lawns. Thanks in advance

oabdu123

LawnSite Senior Member
TB not to hijack the post but I would appreciate your expert advice. I run 2x (36and 44) mid 90s Toro Proline T bar. Love these units and I know your a fan of the 44 especially.
I'm looking at getting a similar 52, and aside for having a bigger deck than the 44 is there some pros/cons? I've heard that the 44 is more balanced and ergonomic than the 52 with the oblong deck? Also all of my lawns are under .40 acre and most around a .25. Looking at the 52 to pick up a few bigger/more wide open lawns. Any feedback once again is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

oabdu123

LawnSite Senior Member
we run 36 toro commercials now, i did have a 36 proline Tbar and had zero issues with it, it was somewhat lighter than the commercial and i almost prefer that. the commercial has a turboforce deck and it cuts real nice. only reason i got rid of the proline, it was just used up, very high hours.
Thanks for the reply Bluetruck. Being that you only use 36 mowers what is the size range of your properties?

Bumpmaster

Banned
Thanks for the reply Bluetruck. Being that you only use 36 mowers what is the size range of your properties?
If you are thinking you could use a 52, should of just got one last year. Got 2 of em
Use em on lawns where competition runs 21 inch mowers. Keeps me in a whole different market.

Top Forums