Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
A little too much brevity there ladylawncare. If I were a woman I would opt for an exmark turf tracer hp 36" with a velke. I like this over a belt drive for a woman due to the ease of operation a hydro unit provides, especially when backing up. Some pretty strong guys would have trouble pulling a belt drive out of a nose down position. Its not easy even on a moderate grade, I KNOW.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
I am not a strong addvocate of toro, dont really know why. Because i have a 32 belt drive walk behind that has been very good to me for several years now, almost 8 to be exact. Anyway, Toro has recenty come out with a 36inch hydro ZTR. You may want to check into this, it sounds like it may be just what your looking for.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
eXmark 36" belt, fixed deck $2000.00 or so

eXmark 36" Hydro floating deck ECS $4200.00 or so(Turf tracer TTHP )

Both top quality mowers, of course, get the hydro if you can.

~Nest

·
Registered
554 Posts
Since you guys are talking prices :) Whats a 32" fixed deck belt drive cost compared to a 32" fixed deck hydro , Exmark.
My 48 dont fit in alot of back yards.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Originally posted by ElephantNest
eXmark 36" belt, fixed deck $2000.00 or so

eXmark 36" Hydro floating deck ECS $4200.00 or so(Turf tracer TTHP )

Both top quality mowers, of course, get the hydro if you can.

~Nest
enough said, but I rarely see a girl on WB... you should demo before you buy cause WB can be very exhausting if used as primary everyday. you know it will be harder on your body than the Z do in term of control system.

·
Registered
171 Posts
WBs make ur wrists hurt like all get out. I adjusted my clutches last night so mb now it will b easier. I would defidently get a ZTR, and if not that, a Hydro. My Scag has all most gotten away from me a couple times. (like others said, u have to manhandle them to back up)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Hydro walk behinds are MUCH easier on your hands, wrists and entire body. No manhandling they do all the work for you. But they are still fatiguing, just not as much as a belt drive in my experience.
Some ergonomic systems that are out there that you might want to check out:
Hustler H-bar on hydro walk behinds (I like it)
Toro T-bar, available on either belt or hydros, i've used it on belt and think i could get used to it easily.
eXmark ECS, never used.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Get a Toro 36" Hydro w/ T-BAR and a BullRider sulky. The combination of hydro, t-bar, and sulky make this machine simple for anyone to operate. Just push the bar forward to go forward, pull it back to reverse. This setup costs about $4300 and is well worth it. The 36" width will allow you to slip thru most gates with no problems at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My wife is with me in the business. She mainly operates a 32" hydro Exmark w/b. There are many gates we could not get a 36" mower through. It tows a Velke and cuts great at full speed. The ECS I don't particularly like, but my wife prefers that over the pistol grips of the other mowers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What advice would you have about buying used?

I was looking at buying a 36 inch metro hp (belt drive) until i ran across a 2002 36 inch exmark hydro and grass catcher with less than 200 hrs and is said to be in good shape. They are asking $3000 for the hydro.

A 36 inch metro hp runs for $3200 around here.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by ladylawncare
looking to purchase a toro 32-36'; walk behind compare to a similar lesco supposed better cut ? like a rider but gates?
A hustler 37" is the least phyical on your body. I load mine in backwards its so easy. You never need to manhandle it and because it has no levers or safety switch to hold, you'll keep those little lady hands smooth and soft.;)
Pete

Wheel Wood Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Floor

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
That's a 32" John

new 13hp 36" Walker that he loves. He gets through all the gates and swears its the best cut he has ever seen. Take a look at them, however they are still 6k.
6 grand for 36" and 13HP?? No chance! LOVE my exmark 36" TTHP, floating deck, 15HP VTwin Kawi, and it was $4200.00

~Nest

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the advice guys--Way too late to keep my hands smooth. Always going to put those gloves on but it would ruin the tan line--- I can load a small sod cutter in the back of a pick up but it is kinda hard-- I've long since stopped worring about the pain -- I planned on purchasing a toro 32" with the fold up foot pedals. I was quoted $ 2,600 plus another $300.00 for the pedestal Toro is supposed to go up to $3,000 soon according to a distributor I talked with last week. I just can not afford or justify a rider----YET I do this part-time in planning with my turf research job being eliminated in a year and figure I';d rather work for myself than make somebody else rich---I worked for Chemlawn 4 years so theres no going back to that mess. Anyway just thought Topro because of the cut but have an open mind

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.