1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

walk behind striper

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by coachgrd, May 20, 2005.

1. coachgrd

coachgrd LawnSite Member

Here's a walk behind striper I've been looking at:

http://www2.yardiac.com/long.asp?item_id=8936

Have any of you used one or one similiar? It claims to be mountable (my wife does too, but I'm skeptical :D ) on most all models but I'm sure mine will be the only one where it would be a chore. I have a gold series Lawn Boy. Its probably 10 years old now.

Thanks...

2. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Never used it, but your wife wasn't lying!
    (sorry, but you left yourself open for that one. :laugh: )

3. AustinCharles

AustinCharles LawnSite Member

Yes I use one. I have it on a Snapper 21".

It does a good job. I have about 30lb of shotgun shot in mine and I had to glue and put small screws around the ends to keep it from separating.

I have had mine for almost three and it does work.

I will try to post some pictures if I have time, but mine look as good as the one in the ad on the top right.

4. coachgrd

coachgrd LawnSite Member

Thanks for a report on your walk behind striper...please do post some pics, I'd love to see the results!

5. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I use one on my Honda. I got it from inventek.com here's a pic of my lawn work.

stripey.jpg

6. coachgrd

coachgrd LawnSite Member

I like it! :blob3:

7. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Thank you, I like it too. I filled it up with sand and two boxes of BB's. I like that you can't see tire lines, just stripes. They said the only mower it wouldn't fit on is a pro-line.

8. coachgrd

coachgrd LawnSite Member

The more I look at the pics it looks like you were mowing at two different heights. I guess that happens when you have a lush, green lawn like yours. Once again, it looks great.

9. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member